Attending the Respiratory Laboratory
The amount of time to complete testing varies from 15 minutes to 60 minutes.
The Respiratory Physiologist will instruct and guide you throughout the testing procedure and will be assisted by another member of staff to carry out Cardiopulmonary Exercise Tests.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to ensure you are fully rested.
- Do not eat a heavy meal prior to testing.
- Do not wear tight fitting clothing.
- If you are having a Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test, wear appropriate clothing and footwear suitable for riding a stationary bicycle.
- Bring your reading glasses, dentures and hearing aids.