Important information for patients and visitors
The UCI Cycling World Championships will be taking place across Scotland during August 2023.
Patients and visitors may experience issues travelling to and from the Golden Jubilee University National Hospital during this time.
Glasgow will host 8 championship events across 5 venues: George Square, Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Emirates Arena, Glasgow BMX Centre and Glasgow Green.
West Dunbartonshire will host the race starts from Loch Lomond for the Men’s Under 23 Road Race and the Women’s Elite Road Race.
Events are also taking place in Dundee and Angus, Peebles, Borders, Dumfries and Galloway and Stirling.
Tips for travelling
- Plan ahead - consider how your journey will be impact, allow extra time for journeys and be prepared to adjust your travel plans.
- Share information and advice with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues so they can plan ahead, too.
- Consider travelling at a different time - the busiest times will be just before and just after events taking place and during road events.
- Public transport services will be busier than usual. For local journeys, walking or cycling may be the best option.
- If you live or work close to a road event, be aware that road closures and parking restrictions will be in place.
Click here to visit the official UCI Cycling World Championships website.
Click here to access information from Transport Scotland.
Click here for detailed maps and road closures on the Get Ready Glasgow website.
Click here for event details, traffic and travel information on the West Dunbartonshire Council website.
Click here to access information from Traffic Scotland.