Rules for visiting during COVID-19
Only visit if you have an appointment:
- Book a Designated Visitor slot in advance. Contact numbers can be found here.
- Please book one day ahead if possible and leave a message if you do not get an answer.
- Arrange an Essential Visit by calling the ward/department directly - click to view telephone numbers for our wards
Do not visit if you:
- Are you feeling unwell.
- Have a new/continuous cough.
- Have you had any sickness or diarrhoea within the last 48 hours.
- Have noticed a change in your temperature.
- Have noticed a change to your normal sense of taste or smell.
- Are self-isolating because you have been in contact with anyone suspected as having, or have tested positive for coronavirus, in the past 14 days.
- Report to Hospital Reception on arrival.
- Wear a face covering whilst inside the hospital.
- Wash your hands on arrival at the hospital, on arrival at the ward department and frequently during the visit, especially if you touch anything or anyone.
- Maintain the recommended physical distance wherever possible, even if the person has previously been in your household or social bubble.
- Follow good hygiene practice if you cough or sneeze: cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow or a disposable tissue, dispose of the tissue, wash your hands.
- Wash your hands as you leave the ward/department, as you leave the hospital and when you arrive home.
Visitors must not:
- Move around different areas of the hospital or try to visit other people in the hospital.
- Touch or hug the patient you are visiting, even if the person has previously been in your household or part of your social bubble.
- Bring food parcels, flowers, helium balloons or similar items.