Scottish National Advanced Heart Failure Service (SNAHFS)
Who should be considered for referral to SNAHFS?
- Any inpatient <65 hospitalised with decompensated heart failure
- Outpatients <65 years with chronic heart failure and:
- NYHA 3/4 symptoms despite optimal medical & device therapy for heart failure.
- Recurrent appropriate ICD shocks
- Worsening end-organ function secondary to HF
- Increasing frequency of hospitalisations
- Inability to uptitrate or need to reduce/stop doses of disease modifying therapy
Urgent referrals (including for ECMO) can be made by contacting the oncall heart failure page (page 0092) via switchboard 0141 951 5000.
Links to the urgent referral form and urgent referral pathway can be found below.